Words of Life
"Seitan, will always be cheaper than a pound of steak in the long run."
2 cups of vital wheat gluten
6 TBS nutritional yeast
1 cup of water
1 cube of bouillon
1/4 cup soysauce
2 TBS olive oil
3 tsp minced garlic
1 tsp liquid smoke
1 TBS basil
1) Prep the liquid ingredients - mix the soysauce, water, bouillion, olive oil, minced garlic, liquid smoke in a bowl and whisk till the bouillon is fully dissolved, then set aside
2) In a large bowl, add the vital wheat gluten, nutritional yeast and basil and mix together
3) Then add the liquid mixture to the large bowl, using your hands knead the mixture until it becomes like a dough. It shouldn't stick to your hands.
4) Place your "dough" in wax paper and wrap tightly
5) Place the "dough" inside a steamer and steam for about 30 min. and turn over, then steam for another 40 min.
6) Take it out and let it cool for about 10 min.
And there you have it homemade seitan right in your kitchen!