Words of Life
"If we can get people to focus on fruits and vegetables and more healthy foods, we'll be better in terms of our healthcare system."
* 2 packets of Mama Sita's Kare-kare is good for 6 people
What you'll need:
2 yellow medium onions diced
1 small carrot diced
1 TBS of garlic
4 cups of water (add as you go)
6 small potatoes diced
2 packets of Mama Sita
2 cups of brussel sprouts
1 cup of hot water
1 pumpkin squash (kabocha squash)
2 eggplants (cut in half-moons)
1/2 cup of chopped okra
1/2 cup of string beans
3-4 TBS of creamy peanut butter
1 TBS of soy sauce
1 cup of chopped bok choy
1 cup of chopped string beans
Salt & pepper to taste
1) Using a wok or a pot, add minced garlic, chopped onions, saute till translucent
2) Next add diced potatoes, cook for about 3-5 minutes or until potatoes have become transparent on the edges, cover and cook for another 5 minutes
3) While potatoes are cooking, in a bowl add the Mama Sita packet, add hot water, mix until the powder is dissolved
4) Once potatoes are add, carrots and brussel sprouts, cover and cook for about 3 min.
5) Next, add the Mama Sita mixture + 1-2 cups of water
6) Then, add the vegetables, pumpkin, eggplants, okra, and peanut butter. Cover and cook for about 3 minutes
* NOTE: periodically add water as needed, so it doesn't burn, but keeps a creamy consistency, it shouldn't become lumpy
7) Last, are the simple greens, bok choy and string beans, cook until the bok choy has wilted
8) Add salt & pepper to taste
If you've got brown rice or mixed rice, top it off with Kare-kare and you're golden! Enjoy!
Let me know what you think in the comments below. What vegetables did you use?