Words of Life
"One of the important lessons of today is the concept that it's not the amount of food you eat, it's how densely the calories are packed."
-Dr. Hans Diehl
This was good for 6-8 serving
What you'll need:
1 can of garbanzo beans
1 medium onion chopped
1 cup of chopped carrots
2 cups of bell peppers (any color will do, I chose to have one of each)
1 can of coconut milk
1 tbs of sea salt
1 block of very firm tofu
2 TBS of oil
2 cubes of garlic
2 cubes of ginger
seasons mixed in a bowl:
2 TBS of turmeric
2 TBS of cumin
1 tsp of chili powder
1 TBS of paprika
1/4 tsp of black pepper
1 TBS of coriander powder
1) Drain and dice up the tofu, then pan fry it. Use about 2 TBS of oil, put the heat on medium and add oil as needed. When it's done, set it aside on a paper towel to remove as much excess oil.
2) In a wok, add about 1 cup of water, let it come to a boil. Then add onions.
3) When the onions are translucent, add ginger and garlic.
4) Next, add the garbanzo beans.
5) Add, the carrots and seasonings. Mix thoroughly.
6) Then, add the diced bell peppers. Add it in the coconut milk. Mix everything.
7) Cover it and let it cook for ten minutes on medium-low.
8) Finally, taste test it and add sea salt to season. DONE!
May it flavor your palate and satisfy your hunger.
It pairs perfectly with basmati rice.