Chickpea Spinach Stew
Words of Life
"Nothing brings people together like good food. "
This recipe was for 6 people
* 2 cans of chickpeas
* 1 can of tomato sauce
* 1 can of water
* 1 TBS of cumin
* 1 TBS of garlic seasoning salt
* 1 TBS of onion powder
* 1 tsp of bamboo salt
* 5 cups of chopped spinach
* 1 cup of diced asparagus
* 2 cups of diced yellow onion
* 2 cups quartered tomatoes
1) In a wok add about 1/4 cup of water, saute onions with the bamboo salt for about 2 min.
2) Next, add your quartered tomatoes and saute for 1 min.
3) Add the tomato sauce and a can of water
4) Then stir in the chickpeas and let everything simmer for 10 minutes.
5) Check if the tomatoes are very tender, they should break apart with the slightest pressure
6) Next add your seasonings, cumin, onion powder, bay leaf powder, garlic seasoning salt.
7) I added more onion powder, but taste test it to your taste buds.
8) Once everything is stirred in, add the asparagus and let it simmer for 1 minute.
9) Finally add your spinach. Cook it till it wilts and mix it into the dish.
That's it. That simple.
Let me know what you thought. Did you change it? Did you add pepper? Did you make it spicy? Did you add vegan meat? How was it?