Words of Life
The food you eat, can be either the safest, & most powerful form of medicine
or the slowest form of poison
- Ann Wigmore
For about 4-5 servings
* 1 can of coconut milk
* 1 can of tomato sauce
* 1 can of chickpeas (drain & rinse)
* 1 carrot diced
* 1 onion diced
* 1 TBS of minced garlic
* 2 1/2 TBS of cumin powder
* 1 TBS of turmeric
* 1-2 tsp of salt (for taste)
* 1/2 tsp of pepper (optional)
* string green beans (optional)
* okra (optional)
* vegetable suggestions: bell peppers, eggplant, acorn squash or kabocha squash
NOTE: When cooking add the vegetables that cook the longest first ex. potatoes, carrots. Then add the other vegetables that cook faster - greens, squashes, bell pepper
NOTE: It is up to you what types of vegetables you'd like to put into this dish. Get creative.
If all your vegetables are chopped up the day before this is one fast meal!
1) Put 2 TBS of water in a wok, let the water come to a simmer and add onions & minced garlic
2) Add some salt & the diced potatoes once the onions are translucent, cook for about 3 min.
* Periodically add some water to help things NOT stick to the pan.
3) Add the carrots cook for 1 min.
4) Add tomato sauce, stir it in
5) Add coconut milk, stir everything together
6) Add chickpeas, mix & cook for 1 min.
7) Add okra (frozen vegetables) mix it in
8) Add cumin, turmeric, salt, mix it in.
9) Add frozen green beans (optional) mix and cook for 2 min.
10) Add pepper to taste (optional)
11) Let everything simmer for about 5 min.
Serve it with rice or naan bread.