Words of Life
"Lentils are friendly -
the Miss Congeniality of the bean world."
This was good for 3 people
* soak your lentils over night this makes it easier for your body to digest
* raw black beans were soaked, cooked, drained and frozen then defrosted for this meal (you can use canned black beans if you are in a rush, but it may have more salt content)
* I prechopped all my vegetables so the cooking process was about 20 minutes.
* But if you are chopping cooking everything it will take about 30 + minutes
What you'll need:
1 cube of vegetable bouillon
1 tsp of salt (I use bamboo)
1 TBS of minced garlic
1/4 cup chopped onions
1/4 cup of diced carrots
1/4 cup of black beans (or 1 can is fine)
1 1/2 cups of chopped celery
1 yellow bell pepper diced
1 cup of oyster mushrooms
1 1/4 cup of lentils (soaked overnight)
2 1/2 cups of water
1) Using a wok or a pot, add minced garlic, chopped onions, diced carrots, blackbeans, chopped celery, diced bell peppers, oyster mushrooms, 1 cube of vegetable bouillon, lentils and water
2) cover and let it cook for about 10 minutes on low heat.
3) After 10 minutes, turn the heat up to a low medium, so it will boil for about 10 more minutes
4) check the vegetables. You know you are done when the water level decreases and the lentils have all split open.
5) Add the cilantro and salt. Mix everything together. Then let it simmer for about 3 minutes.
And that's it.
Delicious! Simple, easy and packed with protein!