Words of Life
"An idealist is one who, on noticing that a rose smells better than a cabbage, concludes that it will also make better soup."
This was good for 8-10 people
soak 1 1/2 cups of walnuts overnight (rinse & drain)
1 cup of pinto beans (soak, cook, rinse & drain)
1 packet of button mushrooms (6 in 1pack) (minced)
1 1/4 of onions minced
1 1/2 carrots minced
1/2 TBS of rosemary
1/2 TBS of basil
1/2 TBS of oregano
1 TBS of fennel
2 TBS of nutritional yeast
1 tsp of paprika
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper
1 tsp thyme
Pomodoro brand tomato sauce 1 glass container
1 cube of vegetarian broth
1/2 TBS onion powder
1 TBS Italian seasoning
1 cup diced tomatoes
1 cube garlic
1 tsp of bay leaf powder
sea salt to taste
2 heads of cabbage (remove the core by hallowing it out like you do a pumpkin, don't cut the cabbage in half)
1) In a large pot, boil 4 cups of water on medium heat and put 1 or 2 heads of cabbage if they fit. Cook until the cabbage leaves are soft. Check periodically.
2) Meanwhile, place walnuts in the food processor, pulse until it looks like ground beef then put it in a large bowl set aside
3) Place pinto beans in the food processor and pulse, DON'T liquify. It should have some texture to it. Add them to the walnuts.
4) Mince your onions, carrots and mushrooms in the food processor and add them to the walnut mix
5) Then add all the seasonings in the walnut mix.
6) Mix everything together so it is well seasoned
7) In a wok or a pot, add the pomodoro tomato sauce, vegetable broth, and all the seasonings to make the special sauce let it simmer for 10 minutes Add salt and pepper to taste
8) Once you have take out all the cabbage leaves, make sure they aren't soaking wet. Set them on a towel to absorb the water. Then one by one fill the leaves with the walnut mix & roll it like a burrito
9) Once you've made the cabbage rolls, coat a deep pan with the special sauce and place the cabbage rolls on top of the sauce. Then add more sauce on top of the cabbage rolls. Put it on the stove on medium low and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes.
preheat oven to 250F.
9) Once you've made the cabbage rolls, coat a deep oven dish with the special sauce and place the cabbage rolls on top of the sauce. Then add more sauce on top of the cabbage rolls. Place in the oven for 15-20 minutes. Check periodically making sure it doesn't burn. Adjust temperatures as needed.