Words of Life
"Food is like art, we recreate existing things or create what comes to mind. As long as it looks good, tastes good and is good, no one will complain. "
This recipe was for 4-5 people
* Note: You can find Korean side dishes (banchan) at your local farmer's market or a "banchan" shop.
1 packet of julienned potatoes (gamjachae-bokkeum 감자채볶음)
1 packet of sauted spinach (sigeumchi namul '시금치 나물) (loosely chopped)
or sauted Lamb's Quarter (myeongaju-muchim 명아주) (loosely chopped)
1 packet of sauted mushrooms (beosot bokkeum 버섯)
3 cups of mixed rice or brown rice (short grained is best for stickiness)
1-2 cups of water (add as necessary)
1-2 TBS of miso paste
a pinch of salt
1- 2 slices of mushroom Violife Cheese (optional)
1 tsp of nutritional yeast (optional)
1 onion diced
2 small tomatoes diced
1 tsp of olive oil
1) In a wok add about 1 tsp of olive oil, onions, and a pinch of salt, saute for 2 minutes.
2) Next, add the tomatoes, cook until soft and tender (around 2-3 min.)
3) Then add the miso paste and some water, cook until the paste is diluted
4) Add the potatoes, mushrooms and greens of your choice, stir and mix it well together, add water if necessary
5) After that, add the rice. Mix until it has a sticky like consistency. Then add the cheese. Stir until the cheese has melted.
6) Serve hot and top with nutritional yeast
Did you try it? How was it?