Split Pea Coconut Mung Bean Soup
Words of Life
"Don't let the kitchen be a place of fear, but a place of freedom."
Good for 6-8 servings
1/2 onion sauteed
1 1/2 bell peppers chopped
5 yukon yellow potatoes quartered
4 small carrots half-moons
3 vegetable bullion or (ch'ken bullion)
1 can of unsweeted coconut milk
1 small can of organic tomato paste
1/2 cup dry split peas
1/4 cup of mung beans
1 can of garbanzo beans
1) Push Saute setting on Instant Pot, saute just the onions. Once they are translucent turn off the Instant Pot
2) Next, add the potatoes, bell-peppers, mung beans, split peas and garbanzos
3) Then add the tomato paste and coconut milk. Add water to level 7 on the Instant Pot (you should see the liquid measurements on the inner wall of the pot)
4) Push Manual, Pressure Hi, and cook for 15 minutes. Let it release on its own naturally. Then using a hand blender, blend for 30 seconds.
5) Top over rice or somen noodles as you see in the video. Tastes amazing!
What'd you pair this soup with?